Combat Winter Skin With Collagen
Everyone’s skin gets a little drier in the winter. Cool winter temperatures and low humidity levels combined with hot baths and showers can pull moisture from our skin.
This can mean we are left looking dull and the skin can feel tight, dry and itchy.
A lack of moisture and oil in the skin can weaken your skins natural protective barrier, leaving it more susceptible to invading chemicals which in turn causes redness, irritation and sensitivity.
To reduce redness, itching and chapping this winter try these tips:
- Wash in lukewarm water. Although the temptation to have sauna-like baths is strong when it’s cold outside – this will do nothing for your skin so turn that temperature down.
- Moisturise immediately afterwards. Applying moisturiser to damp skin helps to seal in that moisture so keep a tube in the bathroom.
3. Look at your products and ditch anything with petroleum-based ingredients in. Additionally – choose moisturisers with natural ingredients and opt for oil rather than water based
4. Protect your skin whilst outside by wearing gloves, scarves and hats. Also remember winter sun is still damaging so make sure you are wearing a cream or make-up with SPF in
5. Don’t forget to drink water! It is tempting to opt for hot chocolate, coffees and teas in the colder months but we still need water for hydration. Try hot water with a slice of lemon.
6.Overnight treat particularly dry areas such as elbows, hands and feet with a deep moisturising balm.
7. Exfoliate and make sure you are sloughing off dead skin cells. Moisture cannot get into the skin if there are too many cells covering the surface.
8. Hydrate from the inside out! This is where Absolute Collagen's liquid collagen shots come in! We make it easier than ever to nourish your skin from the inside, as our drinkable, daily collagen supplements can leave your skin looking sun kissed and gorgeous in as little as two weeks.